The Varkey Foundation Fellowship Programme offers an outstanding opportunity for individuals with a passion for making a difference in education and an interest in supporting across the Foundation’s key activities.
The Fellowship programme is a one year scheme which provides Fellows with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the education and philanthropy sector where they will be able to work closely with the Policy, Research and Education teams. Fellows will have the chance to work with the Global Education and Skills Forum (GESF) organising team, giving them a unique opportunity to support the production of a significant international education event and to engage with leading education thinkers from around the world.
The position will be based at the Varkey Foundation headquarters in London with the opportunity to travel abroad when required.
The Fellowship programme will also offer:
• Intensive on the job learning through support of our international programmes, policy and advocacy work
• Extensive coaching and mentoring
• Networking with education leaders
• Peer learning opportunities
• Managing communications with key speakers at the GESF
• Preparing briefing notes and research papers on education policy ahead of the GESF
• Running sessions at the GESF
• Support the development of proposals for the expansion of Varkey Foundation programmes
• Provide on-the-ground support to Varkey Foundation programmes
• Support the development of Varkey Foundation content (for example, teacher training materials)
• Support the development of policy papers for the Policy and Advocacy team
• 2 -3 years post graduate experience in a related field
• Someone who wants to make a difference in education around the world
• Self-starter who can work unsupervised
• Able to analyse complex data and information
• Able to present ideas clearly and convincingly in a range of different ways
• Able to manage projects and workstreams effectively
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment to develop solutions
• High attention to detail
• Able to build relationships with multiple stakeholders, including very senior leaders
• Adaptable and able to work across geographies and cultures
• Able to travel throughout the year (up to 4 weeks at a time)
• Language skills (particularly Arabic and Spanish) will be looked on favourably, but are not essential
How to apply:
Please send your CV (no more than two pages) and a one page cover letter to email@example.com, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role, no later than XXXXXXX. Please include ‘Fellowship Application’ in the subject line. If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to participate in an assessment day in London during XXXXXX.